High Commission of India, Windhoek announces the ICCR Africa Scholarship Scheme for Namibian nationals
Last date of application: 28 February 2019
Government of India under the aegis of the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) offers scholarships within the framework of the Africa Scholarship Scheme to Namibian nationals wishing to study at graduate, post graduate or research levels in various prestigious universities and educational institutions in India starting during the academic year 2019-20.
The scholarships include enrolment and course fees, besides a fixed amount of living expenses for the full duration of the course and return economy class airfares to the nearest international airport in India and then train fare to the place of study.
Applicants are requested to log onto "Admissions to Alumni" (A2A), the Scholarship Portal of ICCR at http://a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in/ that contains all relevant information for the applicants including details of all State Universities, Central Universities and Institutes, colleges affiliated with them, courses available, availability of hostels, applications guidelines, eligibility criteria and other relevant information for helping the applicants in decision-making while applying for the academic courses of their preference.
Please carefully note the following:
- Applications should be submitted latest by 28 February 2019 through the online application mechanism. Applications will only be accepted through the portal, but one hard copy of the application should also be sent to High Commission at the address below latest by 28 February 2019.
- Only students proficient in English will be recommended for admission.
- Applications should be complete in every detail. Kindly read the guidelines on the portal.
- Applicants should clearly mention the course to which they are seeking admission while mentioning choices.
- Applicants are advised to go through the courses offered by the Universities carefully before finally submitting the application form. List of Universities where ICCR students are currently studying is available at ICCR Website at www.iccr.gov.in
- ICCR does not award scholarship for Medical / Paramedical (Nursing / Physiotherapy / anesthesia etc.) / fashion courses.
- ICCR, as a policy does not permit mid-term changes of the courses/institutes or leave the course in any situation (only with the exception of medical emergency).
- Applicant must submit a medical fitness certificate from the recognized hospital in the prescribed format available with the online application form.
- Applicant must submit a police clearance or police verification certificate.
- Students applying for M.Phil/Doctoral/Post-Doctoral courses should submit a synopsis along with the application.
- For science courses, the expenditure on laboratory chemicals and other related incidental charges will be borne by the students themselves.
- Students wishing to pursue performing arts should upload Video/Audio/YouTube link.
- An applicant should have studied mathematics, physics and chemistry at Higher Secondary level to be eligible for admission to BE / B Tech courses.
- All students will have to stay at hostels where available. No exception for family or health reasons will be made.
- Only students who reach 18 years of age by July 2019 and not more than 30 years will be recommended for admission.
- Submission of application form does not guarantee confirmed admission.
- Indian Universities/ Educational institutions are autonomous and independent bodies and have their own eligibility criteria on the basis of which they confirm admissions.
ICCR Scholarship Application Portal http://a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in/
For any further queries, interested students may contact High Commission of India, 97 Nelson Mandela Avenue, Klein Windhoek by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 061- 226037/228433