Passport Rules & Fees
Passport Rules & Fees
Counter Timings and Holidays
|Address||97, Nelson Mandela Avenue, Windhoek|
|General Line :||00264-61- 226037/228433|
|Fax :||00264-61- 237320|
|Consular Hours(For members of the public) :||09.00 am to 12.00 pm (Monday to Friday)|
|Consular Pick-up Hours :||03.00 pm to 04.00 pm (Monday to Friday)|
|We follow Indian / Namibian HOLIDAYS please check our list of holidays before coming|
Consular & Passport Fees.
|S.No.||Details of Service||Fees (in Namibian $)*|
|1||Ordinary passport containing 36 pages with a maximum validity of 10 (ten) years||1210.00|
|2||Ordinary passport (Jumbo) containing 60 pages with a maximum validity of 10 (ten) years||1610.00|
|3||Ordinary passport containing 36 pages with a maximum validity of five years for minor children below the age of 18 years||810.00|
|4||Miscellaneous services requiring issue of fresh passport booklet containing 36 pages||1210.00|
|5||Miscellaneous services requiring issue of fresh passport booklet containing 60 pages||1610.00|
|6||Issue of duplicate passport in lieu of passport which has been lost, stolen, damaged, destroyed or any other reason: booklet containing 36 pages. Booklet containing 60 pages||2420.00
|7||Miscellaneous services i.e., Police Clearance Certificate, Birth Certificate, etc||410.00|
|9||Attestation of property & other documents etc.||330.00|
Namibian$ 20.00 is additionally applicable on all the passport and consular services.
Attestation of power of Attorney All Powers of Attorney (POA) requiring attestation by the High Commission of India, Windhoek, should include the photograph of the Executant. Where the Attorney, in whose favour the POA is being executed, is also present in the jurisdiction of the High Commission of India, Windhoek, his/her photograph also needs to be affixed on the document. All POA documents are to be submitted in duplicate, complete with photograph(s). Passport in original of the Executant must accompany the POA document. Prescribed application forms for all passport, visa and consular services may be obtained from the High Commission or downloaded from the website.
Phasing out of Non-Machine Readable Passports (Non-MRP)
- This is to inform that the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) has set a deadline of the 24th November 2015 for globally phasing out all non-Machine Readable Passports (MRPs). With effect from 25th November 2015 onwards, foreign Governments may deny visa or entry to any person travelling with a non-MRP Passport.
- All handwritten passports with pasted photos earlier issued by Government of India are considered non-MRP passports. All 20- year validity passports also fall in this category. The Government started issuing MRP passports since 2001 and all new Indian passports are ICAO-compliant MRP passports.
- In this connection, all Indian citizens residing in Namibia and holding handwritten passports as well as 20-year passports with validity beyond the 24th November 2015, should, therefore, apply for re-issue of passports and obtain MRP passports well before the deadline in order to avoid any inconvenience in obtaining foreign visa or immigration problem.
- The Public Advisory may please be seen at: PUBLIC ADVISORY
- For more details related to passport services, you can log into the website: www.passportindia.gov.in